Join our team!
Host / Hostess – Job Description
We are a destination restaurant! Our guests drive from near and FAR, for our World’s Greatest Ribs! We are looking for hardworking teammates to join our team, and help us continue providing the best BBQ experience in Colorado. Join our winning team and see why we are FAMOUS!
JOB SUMMARY: Greets, engages and seats all Guests in a warm and friendly manner, making a Famous first impression. Assists in maintaining the overall Guest flow of the restaurant. As Guests are departing, inquire about their experience, thank them for dining with us, and invite them back. To perform side duties including, but not limited to, answering the phone, bussing tables, washing dishes, expediting orders and running food. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Greets, engages, and seats the Guest in a timely and controlled manner. Accommodates any special needs, (i.e., boosters, highchairs, disabilities, large parties, etc.). Opens doors for arriving and departing Guests. Consistently explains features and limited time offerings. Understands and accurately uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out, to process/input orders and complete end of shift procedures.
- Manages the Wait List as needed, quoting accurate times.
- Provides assistance to servers.
- Maintains clean and organized work and entry areas, including windows, floors.
- Checks the overall cleanliness of the restrooms every 30 minutes.
- Understands and accurately uses the P.O.S. (point of sale) system to clock-in/out, to process/input orders and complete end of shift procedures.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Previous server or restaurant experience preferred
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off of the floor, and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant
- Reading, writing and superior communication skills required
- Communicates with Guests demonstrating confidence, creating a friendly, relaxed atmosphere