Join Our Team!
Job Description – Line Cook
We are a destination restaurant! Our guests drive from near and FAR, for our World’s Greatest Ribs! We are looking for hardworking teammates to join our team, and help us continue providing the best BBQ experience in Colorado. Join our winning team and see why we are FAMOUS!
JOB SUMMARY: Completes all assigned prep list items and sets up cook’s line stations. Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to Famous Dave’s recipes, plate presentations and specifications. Completes side duties including, but not limited to bussing tables, cleaning back of the house areas, washing dishes, unpacking food / supply deliveries, organizing stockroom / cooler shelves. Adheres to Company food and shelf life absolutes. Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Prepares menu items according to Famous Dave’s recipes, plate presentations and specifications, serves hot food hot and cold food cold, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Completes all assigned prep work: measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared. Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking, uses cutting glove at all times when using a knife.
- Sets up work station, cleans, stocks, and restocks workstations.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects including nightly tear down and completing all nightly closing procedures.
- Works with a sense of urgency. Monitors ticket times and works with Team Members to ensure food preparation activities are executed in a timely fashion.
- Works to provide Famous Service and Teamwork with back and front of the house staff.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Previous cooking / prep experience preferred
- Ability to accurately read, interpret and prepare all food recipes within Famous Dave’s guidelines
- Ability to prepare and present menu items within cook time requirements
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by Guest and prepare and cook food according to instructions
Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, smokers, dishwashers, and griddles